Introduction to Sanskrit: Foundations of Sound
May 12th 1-3pm
During this workshop, you will be introduced to the foundations of the Sanskrit language, including the placement of sound and the way our brain reacts to these different placements. Sanskrit is the mother of all languages- a sacred and poetic language from which many modern words and concepts arise. The study and practice of Sanskrit sound and mantra is a gesture of respect and gratitude towards the lineage of yoga and the culture from which it came. Nicolle NEILL creates a fun and immersive environment to explore this ancient language and develop a relationship with it to carry forward into your practice and teaching.
What you will learn:
• How sound affects the body and brain
• Sanskrit alphabet and the placement of sounds
• Sanskrit asana names, broken down into their most common pieces
• Gayatri Mantra- the most sacred of all mantras, healing body and mind
• Chakra seed syllables- chant the sounds for each energy center
$30 early bird registration by April 1
$40 regular price after April 1
Nicolle NEILL Jensen is a musician and yoga teacher born in the Midwest now living in Santa Fe, NM. She travels the world sharing a love of sound, asana, meditation, and introspection through retreats, workshops, and classes. She is a 500-hour certified Prajna Yoga Senior teacher since 2012.