What is Mind Body Medicine for Stress Reduction Class?
Mind/Body Medicine for Stress Reduction teaches self-care to help reduce frustrating symptoms from daily stress and illness. Stress can lead to anxiety, depression, a weakened immune system and increased physical symptoms or illness. The 8 weeks are designed to reduce stress and build resilience through a variety of mind/body practices, enhancing your ability to heal and grow.
Who is this for?
This class is for anyone wanting to learn effective tools for mitigating stress and improving health. The techniques taught can be helpful for many conditions including (but not limited to):
• Pain conditions
• Stress-related illnesses including heart disease, high blood pressure and others
• Depression and anxiety
• Women’s health issues (infertility, menopause, etc.)
• Coping with treatment for chronic illnesses such as cancer
• Stress, grief and other life issues
What topics are covered?
• Understanding the stress response
• Resiliency training
• Yoga and nutrition
• Changing automatic thoughts
• Mind body medicine practices
When is it?
The 8-week course is Wednesdays 5– 6:30 PM starting September 13th at Omaha Integrative Care MAIN (168th & Blondo)
What is the cost?
• $350 for 8-week session
• Binder and materials included
• Individual orientation session included
Pre-registration is required 2 weeks prior to the start date and includes an individual orientation session at OIC.
*Insurances may be accessed*